Postpartum care under and indigenous midwife involves a holistic approach to supporting new mothers and their babies during the postpartum period. Onkwehón:we midwives have deep understanding of the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of new mothers and babies, and they use traditional knowledge and healing practices to provide care.
- 1, 3, 5 & 10 Day visits at your home or hospital
- 3 & 6 Week visits at the Clinic
- Additional visits as necessary beyond 6 weeks.
- At this time, the majority of postpartum/newborn visits will be home visits.
- Following your final postpartum visit, a summary of the birth and care of you and your newborn will be sent to your family physician, pediatrician, etc.